Five by Five

The squishy thoughts of a squishy girl

Friday, October 06, 2006

Five hundred of my new little friends


I've discovered the greatest pet. They're very quiet, take up no room, and you don't have to clean up after them...because they really enjoy crawling around in their own shit. Worms are my new best friends. I got the little darlings through City Farmers, and subsidized by the city of Vancouver, so I only had to pay $25 for the worms, their bedding, their box, a book, tools, and an hour-long class on the wonders of appartment composting. It's quite exciting. I feed them my garbage and they make me wonderful, nutrient-rich compost for my garden-to-be. Sounds like a great deal to me. Plus they reproduce like rabbits....or like worms actually. Goin' fishin'? Need some bait. I've got plenty.

Why doesn't everyone have worms? They eat your garbage people! That's all they ask from you. Garbage. Come on. You're just going to through it away anyway. Get yourself some worms and some tomato plants. Or pot plants. It's the perfect system. The only tough part is names. I have at least five hundred new pets to name. I guess I could give them all the same name. I like Waldorf.

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Ernie said...

Waldorf is a good name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home